Pastor David E. Ficken
Theology of Ministry
- Hands-on care for the flock - I enjoy connecting with people in any number of ways from email, texting, phone, having coffee together, in the church office, at their home, at their work, hospital bedside...
- Authority of Christ through His Word - praying for the Spirit to guide me as Christ's servant and to guide God's people as His disciples to put ourselves aside and follow Him.
- Law & Gospel - praying for the Spirit's discernment to meet people where they are and to guide them to Christ if something is getting in their way (sin). This might mean correction and discipline (law) and/or pronouncement of the love and forgiveness of Christ (gospel).
- Sanctification - encouraging Christians to live a life different than the world. We are set apart as God's people to live a life pleasing to Him. There is a call, command and responsibility to do so. This is not an attempt to earn points with God but to glorify Him as He uses me and His Church who have been redeemed by Christ! Sometimes, Christians can fall into the trap of cheap grace, thinking that forgiveness with cover them Mon thru Sat and that they don't need to change how they live. Sometimes, Christians live under guilt (on the flip side) and not the joy of Christ. Encouragement is meant to support the Body of Christ (His bride the church) in a way that reaches out to a lost world in word and deed with the saving Name of Jesus.
- My family! (Psalm 127:3-5a, Ephesians 5:25)
- Supporting others in their walk and growth with Christ (Acts 20:28-29)
- Supporting families and marriages
- Supporting the orphan/fatherless (foster care and adoption) (Romans 8:15,23; Galatians 4:4-7; Ephesians 1:3-5)
- Reaching the lost with the saving good news of Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:19-20, Luke 15:2-7, Acts 1:8)
Charities (close to our heart in recent years)
- Christian World Adoption
- Project Smile (BSLC Orphan Ministry)
- World Vision
- Wisconsin Valley Lutheran High School
- Beautiful Savior Christ Care
- LCMS World Mission - specific missionary
- Wycliffe Bible Translators - specific missionary
- Peace Campus Lutheran Campus Ministry at UWSP
- Humane Society of Portage County
- First Choice Pregnancy Resource Center in Stevens Point
- Master Builder Center in Ethiopia
- Various foodbanks
- Who has God placed on your heart?
- Bible - trying to read through it once a year (trying!)
- Bible - audio player when I'm on longer trips
- Additional book lists and reviews coming soon
Marcia Plautz - Office Admin
More info coming soon.
© Copyright 2019. All Rights Reserved.